[R] some help

dattel_palme dattel_palme at yahoo.de
Sat Nov 3 17:07:06 CET 2012

Hi People!

I have following concern consisting of some steps to do in R:

I have an ascii file (table) consisting of many columns and rows.
1. I would like to order all values of the columns one under each other. It
will begin with column 1, then column 2 under column 1, column 3 under
column 2 etc. until at the end there is only 1 column. How do I do it?

2. Second problem is to make a scatterplot of two variables (I think after
further explanation scatter plot itself will not be needed). I have two
columns of two different variables (that I produces before), column 1 with
variable 1 and column 2 with variable 2. I would like to order them by one
variable and 0,01 interval (the varibale values will range between 0 and 1).
>From each 0,01 interval (100 intervals) i want to pick the maximum and
minimum value of variable 2.

3. From the obtained max and min of values of each interval i would like to
make a linear least square regression.

I hope someone can help me out!
Thanks
Stefan