[R] Simple example for High performance computing with R?

Fabrice Tourre fabrice.ciup at gmail.com
Wed May 30 05:02:34 CEST 2012

Dear list,

I want to run two independent calculation (A, B) and then combined
their results to do a plot in R. Before I just run calculation A
first, then calculation B. It will take some times. I just have one
server with multiple core. I noticed that there are some nice package
in R for parallel calculation, such as parallel, multicore and snow.
Also there is a book, O’Reilly – “Parallel R, Data Analysis in the
Distributed World” book by Q. Ethan McCallum and Stephen Weston.

When track into these packages, I am a little of lost because I did
not know parallel calculation too much.

Could any one can give me some example codes for my purpose? So I can
easy follow.

Thank you very much in advance.