[R] Relist strings? [Was: How to remove square brackets, etc. from address strings?]

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Tue May 29 14:00:36 CEST 2012

Hello,

The error message means that 'x' is not a character vector. Can't you
try it only with the text in the link you've posted,
http://pastebin.com/mYZNDXg6 ?

I'm asking this because I've just checked it and it doesn't give any eror.

Em 29-05-2012 12:39, Sabina Arndt escreveu:
> Hello r-help members,
>
> thank you very much for your reply, Rui Barradas.
>
>> Your data file has more than one line.
> Yes, each line is a new record and I read several such data files into one data.frame.

This is problably why it gives you that error. Process just one file,
like I've said, then say something.
(Moreover, it makes sense to solve the problems with a smaller set then
move on to the larger one.)

Rui Barradas