[R] utils:::menuInstallLocal()

Duncan Murdoch murdoch.duncan at gmail.com
Wed May 23 02:03:43 CEST 2012

On 12-05-22 11:55 AM, Emiliano Zapata wrote:
> Hello R,
>
> I'm trying to install a package (class) locally; in windows 7, 64 bits
> machine. The only massage I see on the R Console is:
> utils:::menuInstallLocal()
>   nothing else. What does this means, shouldn't I got some source of massage
> on the Console.

When you click on the menu item, it runs that, which is supposed to open
a dialog box to let you choose a file to install.

If you already know the filename, you don't need to do it that way; you
can use

filename <- "somepackage_version.zip"

install.packages(filename, type="win.binary", repos=NULL)

to do the same thing.  But it would be worth figuring out why the file
dialog isn't working.

Duncan Murdoch