[R] How to evaluate R things from Visual Studio?

Tue May 22 22:23:02 CEST 2012

Things tend to get done in the open-source world because someone has an itch to scratch. Giannis, you seem to be the one with the itch, and it doesn't appear to be an itch others on this list share. There exists documentation and example code for embedding R within other compiled environments, and there is an R-devel mailing list for questions on interfacing to other code. If you think it is easy, go for it. I suspect that fixing R.NET is likely to take the least amount of work, but it could make assumptions you don't want to make, so I could be wrong. In either case, saying "Why is it THAT difficult?" is not going to win you much support.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing