[R] variate generation

Mohan Radhakrishnan mohanr at fss.co.in
Tue May 22 07:03:18 CEST 2012

I was trying to understand how to use R to generate distributions of data, for example, uniform, and use the data in a program. I send raw bytes to the server. Is there a recommended way or book that I should read to understand this ?

I use R but this is a beginner question. When I plot the no: of bytes against time I would like to ensure that over a period of 5 minutes the data fits a uniform distribution or an exponential one. This is to stress the SUT.

Mohan