[R] include a dataset in my package

di jianing jianingdi at gmail.com
Tue May 22 02:45:53 CEST 2012

Hey R-users,

I think I followed the steps but still couldn't figure this out.. I am
creating a personal package and I want to include several datasets in
the package. I created a subdirectory 'data' in the package, save a
dataset 'test.rda' there, built the package, checked it, installed it.
Then I loaded the package and tried load(test), data(test),
attach(test), none of them gave me the actual data. Another thing,
which I am not sure if it is relevant, is that when I was checking the
package before installation, I got a warning (not an error) that I
have a dataset 'x' without document. I actually don't have any dataset
with the name 'x'.

Any thoughts?

thanks!