[R] Problem with function

acnunn adam.nunn at ucl.ac.uk
Mon May 21 23:13:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm new to R, so apologies in advance for the triviality of this question,
but I was wondering if anyone could tell me why this function doesn't return
the expected output, i.e. a matrix containing two columns from a large data
frame called 'finalTable'? Oddly, the statement between the curly brackets
works if run with 'thisCol' and 'thatCol' already defined. Any help would be
much appreciated.

Here's what 'finalTable' looks like, if it helps:-

Many thanks, Adam