[R] simple, unidimensional heat map

Dimitri Liakhovitski dimitri.liakhovitski at gmail.com
Mon May 21 23:06:21 CEST 2012

I was wondering if someone could point in the direction of a package
that could generate not heatmaps, but something like a unidimensional
heat map.
I might be mistaken, but it seems like image and heatmap are an
overkill for such a simple task.

For example, if I have a data frame:
x<-data.frame(myname=paste("value",1:10,sep=""),a=1:10,b=sample(1:10,10,replace=T))

I'd like to create a chart (it's more of a table, actually) with one
horizontal axis ("myname") and 2 rows of rectangles above it - one for
"a" and one for "b". Such that the higher the value, the more intense
the color of the rectangle (10 rectangles for 10 values).

Thanks a lot for any pointers!

--
Dimitri Liakhovitski
marketfusionanalytics.com