[R] Need help for R install

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Mon May 21 22:26:22 CEST 2012

It should certainly be possible to install to some directory where you
have write permissions, but the exact specifics will depend on which
Linux you're using.

There are R-SIG-Debian and R-SIG-Fedora lists which can give OS
specific advice, but it might be easier just to talk to your IT folks.
I'm not familiar enough with all the Linux package managers to know
which give you the choice of where to install.

As Dominik noted, assuming you have a fortran and a c compiler
available, you should be able to build in a directory where you have
write permissions.

Best,
Michael