[R] Changing selected elements of an array

Øystein Godøy o.godoy at met.no
Mon May 21 18:37:54 CEST 2012

Joshua Wiley wrote on 2012-05-21
> > This looks interesting and is what I want, but I am not fully
> > understanding the output I receive. The input array has 100 elements
> > while the resulting vector after replacement is 106 elements long. I
> > have tried to understand the manual on this, but it is yet not obvious
> > for me how I am supposed to handle this output.
>
> I cannot reproduce this behavior.  On my system, the output has 100
> elements.
That is valuable information for me as your result is inline with what I
understand from the manual. I am using R version 2.10.1 (2009-12-14) through
the system implementation following Ubuntu Lucid. I have to look further into
the cause for this. I just doublechecked your sample code on another system
and got the same result there.

Thanks for your effort.

All the best
Øystein