[R] default plot, but stripes appear (and other plot problems)

bets elisvb at hotmail.com
Sat May 19 17:40:03 CEST 2012

Hey,

I'm doing my thesis and I need to produce a lot of plots. With 2 I have a
problem that I can't get past:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4630611/question.png

The left one has lines instead of dots. All I want is a basic line (it's a
time series). So I used the type="l" command, but that doesn't work, and so
do other commands I tried. I only get a line when I use a time series, but
than my graphs don't look similar, as it gives numbers for dots,...

This is the basis of what I used:

plot(ID, settlepw$T.local, type="l",ylab="Temperature(°C)", xlab="")
plot(day, hatch$T.local, type="l", ylab="", ylim=c(15,25), xlab=" ")

For the second plot, I wanted no dots but a line (idem as previous), but
that doesn't work either.
Can someone please help? I assume it is probably not so difficult, but I
couldn't find the answer at all.
Thanks a lot in advance!