[R] converting csv to image file

Simon Knapp sleepingwell at gmail.com
Sat May 19 13:22:52 CEST 2012

provided you get the call to read.table (or perhaps read.csv) right
and presuming that file contains only the image data, you should
be able to say:

r <- raster(as.matrix(read.csv("file.csv")))
extent(r) <- extent(xmin, xmax, ymin, ymax)

and not worry about the projection (if it is plain old decimal degrees)

Regards,
Simon