[R] hmd.mx

MacQueen, Don macqueen1 at llnl.gov
Thu May 17 19:45:50 CEST 2012

Type
  str(slovenia)
or perhaps
  names(slovenia)
to find out more about how the slovenia object is structured, and the
correct names of its elements.
Also
  ?hmd.mx
(also see,for example,
http://help.pop.psu.edu/help-by-software-package/r-project/demography-in-r/
demography-package-for-r)

Also, since hmd.mx is not part of base R, please identify what package it
is from.

The error message typically comes from converting character to numeric
when some of the values are not numeric. Try, for example,
  as.numeric( c('1','2','A','4') )

-Don

--
Don MacQueen