[R] Plotmath bug or my misunderstanding?

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Sun May 13 06:27:58 CEST 2012

On May 12, 2012, at 6:27 PM, Peter Ehlers wrote:

> Hi Bert,
>
> I think the 'cex=' argument applies to the outermost 'atop()'.
> It then applies that size specification to each of the two
> components of the atop(a,b). If one of the components is itself
> another atop(a,b), then the individual parts are sized downward
> to produce the required cex for the unit.
>
> As for the 'cex=1:2' specification, only the first value is used.

Isn't there also a 0.67 factor being applied to whatever was the
"outside" size prior to being used for the atop arguments? So the
inner atop arguments get that applied twice if I understand correctly.

text(1,1,labels=expression(atop(
                atop("top level one", "top level two"),
                "another level")
      ) )

I did notice that the cr-linefeed (perhaps unintentionally being
inserted by a mail client) seemed to be "working" at least on my Mac :

plot(1,1)
text(1,1,labels=expression("another
level")
      )

Whereas it is well known that "\n" will appear as two characters, \n,
and not be interpreted as a special.
--
David