[R] problem with Gauss Hermite ( x and w )

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Fri May 11 06:54:43 CEST 2012

Are you getting caught on order of operations? Note that unary minus
has lower precedence than exponentiation (as it does in math) so

-2.5^(-2.4)

is

x <- 2.5^(-2.4)
-x

Otherwise, I'm not at all sure what your question is: can you give an
example of what you think you should get (and how to get it) and what
R is giving you instead?

Michael