[R] What is the most cost effective hardware for R?

Hugh Morgan h.morgan at har.mrc.ac.uk
Thu May 10 09:49:31 CEST 2012

Thank you all for the help.  We have decided against using for example
Amazon cloud for basicly paperwork issues.  We have money available now
for buying kit, this may not be available for buying "services", and may
not be available next year, or the next.  We shall certainly consider it
as a fall back at times of high load.

We are looking at the Dell poweredge M915.  It has 64 cores and we are
getting it with 256 GB memory, and it really not that expensive.  I am
surprised what power you can get these days for not very much money.

Thanks again.