[R] Automating R for Hypothesis Testing

meredith mmballar at mtu.edu
Tue May 8 22:41:16 CEST 2012

R Users-
  I have been trying to automate a manual code that I have developed for
calling in a .csv file, isolating certain rows and columns that correspond
to specified months:
something to the effect
i=name.csv
N=length(i$month)
iphos1=0
iphos2=0
isphos3=0
for i=1,N
 if month=1
    iphos1=iphos+1
    iphos1(iphos1)=i

an so on to call out the months into there own arrays (unless there is a way
I can wrap it into the next automation)

Next: I would like to run a simple linear regression combining each of the
months 1 by 1:
for instance I want to run a regression on a combined model from months 1
and 2 and a dummy model for 1 and 2, compare them using a Chi-sq
distribution, if Chi-sq is less than the Critical value, we accept and go on
to test another set of models with both 1 and 2. If it rejects, then we
proceed to months 2 and 3.  If we move on to the second set on months 1 and
2, and the critical value is accepted, I want to print an accept or reject
and move on to months 2 and 3, until finally comparing months 12-1 at the
end.
Is there a way to loop or automate this in R?

Thanks
Meredith