[R] Axes value format

Vihan Pandey vihanpandey at gmail.com
Tue May 8 20:23:21 CEST 2012

On 8 May 2012 19:47, John Kane <jrkrideau at inbox.com> wrote:
> Quite likely, but we need to know what you are doing and what graphics package you are using.
>
> PLEASE do read the posting guide
>  and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

Frightfully sorry about that. I'm using R on a Mac, and its a simple
plot using plot() which is taking values from a CSV file, let me
illustrate for one dataset :

======
#!/usr/bin/Rscript

out_file = "foobar.pdf"
pdf(out_file, height=8.5, width=11)

my_values <- read.csv("foo.csv",head=TRUE,sep=",")

plot(my_values$num_sims,
	my_values$exec_time,
	xlab="Number of Simulations",
	ylab="Execution Time(in milliseconds)",
	col="red",
	main="Execution Time for Simulations")

lines(my_values$num_sims,my_values$exec_time,col="red")

my_values2 <- read.csv("bar.csv",head=TRUE,sep=",")

lines(my_values2$num_sims,my_values2$exec_time,col="blue")
points(my_values2$num_sims,my_values2$exec_time,col="blue")

legend("topright",
	lty=c(1,1),
	  c("foo","bar"),
	  col=c("red","blue")
	  );

dev.off()

print(paste("Plot was saved in:", getwd()))
======

foo.csv and bar.csv have values like:

"num_sims","exec_time"
1000000,44556
2000000,89112
3000000,133668

etc.

Please let me know if you require any additional information.

Cheers!

- vihan