[R] What is the most cost effective hardware for R?

Whit Armstrong armstrong.whit at gmail.com
Tue May 8 18:03:37 CEST 2012

You should think about the cloud as a serious alternative.

I completely agree with Barry.  Unless you will utilize your machines
(and by utilize, I mean 100% cpu usage) all the time (including
weekends) you will probably better use your funds to purchase blocks
of machines when you need to run your sim, and turn them off
afterwards.

There are some new packages that make it very easy to access the cloud
from a local R session (in an lapply like way).  Happy to point those
out to you if you are interested...

-Whit