[R] How to plot PCA output?

Christian Cole C.Cole at dundee.ac.uk
Mon May 7 15:57:28 CEST 2012

Hi Bryan,

Many thanks for the replies.

The data is gene expression data for 36 samples over 11k genes.

I see that I can plot PC1 vs PC2 by using $x, but compared to biplot() I
can see that the range of values are different. For example, if I use
plot() the PC1 scale ranges from -150 to 150 whereas in biplot() it scales
from -0.4 to 0.4. Do you know what scaling biplot() uses? Does it even
matter?
Cheers,

Chris