[R] wireframe and par(mfrow)

David Winsemius dwinsemius at comcast.net
Mon May 7 16:25:48 CEST 2012

On May 7, 2012, at 7:15 AM, Simone Gabbriellini wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> I have some plots with the wireframe() function, and I'd like to
> display them in a single jpeg file. I know that par(mfrow=c(x,y)) will
> divide my display window in x rows and y columns, and although this
> works with plot(), it looks like it's not working with wireframe.

Nor should you expect it to work. 'wireframe' is a lattice function.
You should be looking at 'grid.layout' in grid and 'grid.arrange' in
gridExtra.

Please read ?lattice which will explain the major differences between
base and lattice graphics. Also locate the FAQ item regarding why
lattice graphs do not appear (as they would not with that code.)

--
David.