[R] Breaking up a Row in R (transpose)

Rui Barradas ruipbarradas at sapo.pt
Sat May 5 00:56:13 CEST 2012

Hello, again.

marc212 wrote

> I have a pretty good computer with a lot of RAM and it just wont run this
> code.  My R crashes...
>
> Running this on a sample does not work either.
>
> Any advice? Thank you for all the help!
>
> Marc

What I'm saying is to use dput on a data sample.
For instance, with 'orig' created as above,

dput(orig)
structure(c(5, 3, 5, 6, 4, 2, 6, 4, 6, 7, 3, 4, 7, 9, 7, 9, 9,
4), .Dim = c(3L, 6L), .Dimnames = list(c("0", "1", "2"), c("x",

If you post an example like this, we'll know better what to do.
It's just a matter of copy&paste to an R session.

Rui Barradas