[R] R crash when i'm using lme function

gaiarrido gaiarrido at usal.es
Fri May 4 11:35:00 CEST 2012

When I try to adjust a mixed model with random effects I can make this order
without problem

> lm.FA<-lme(absFA~trait*condition,random=~1|individual)

But if I try to fit a model in which the response (absFA) is not the same in
all individuals at different levels of "trait" factor , but varies randomly
from each. That is, this order

> lm.FA2<-lme(absFA~rasgo*condicion,random=~rasgo|individuo)

R hangs and crashes, I've tried both with R 2.13 and with  R 2.15.

-----
Mario Garrido Escudero
PhD student
Dpto. de Biología Animal, Ecología, Parasitología, Edafología y Qca. Agrícola
Universidad de Salamanca