[R] Using R to generate specific distributions of data

Mohan Radhakrishnan mohanr at fss.co.in
Fri May 4 08:15:13 CEST 2012

Hi,
    I am working on a capacity planning task for a socket server. As
part of the research I read " Quickly Generating Billion-Record
Synthetic Databases" which is about benchmarking databases. I understand
from that paper that there are specific datasets with statistics
properties that can stress a socket server.

I have these questions.

1. Is there material or statistics books that mostly deal with these
statistics properties and random byte generation ? James Gentle's book ?

2. Is there a way to use R to generate these ?

How do I go about this ? Appreciate any pointers even though this is not
a specific R question.

Thanks,
Mohan

DISCLAIMER:\ ===============...{{dropped:30}}