[R] Error with the 'segmented' package for R

Szymon Biskup szymon.biskup at wp.pl
Thu May 3 17:44:35 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have encountered this problem while using 'segmented' plugin for R i386 2.15.0 (for Windows 32bit OS) and I just cannot find neither explanation nor solution for it.

I am trying to run this data

gpp	temp
1.661	5
5.028	10
9.772	15
8.692	20
5.693	25
6.293	30
7.757	5
4.604	10
8.763	15
8.134	20
4.616	25
8.417	30
3.483	5
5.046	10
8.306	15
9.142	20
4.686	25
7.301	30

and with the 'segmented' I wanted to find the brakepoint for the curve, however I get this error mesasge:

Error in 1:ncol(U) : argument of length 0
In addition: Warning message:
In o0$boot.restart <- ris : Coercing LHS to a list

I was using the following code:

library("segmented")
curva<-read.table("gppdata.txt", header=T)
attach(curva)
fit.glm<-glm(gpp~temp, weight=NULL, family=gaussian)
fit.seg<-segmented(fit.glm, seg.Z=~temp, psi=15)
summary(fit.seg)

Is anyone able to help me and direct me for the source of the problem?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Szymon