[R] problems with lme function

gaiarrido gaiarrido at usal.es
Thu May 3 15:21:33 CEST 2012

I try to fit a repeated measures model, in which:
FA: The difference in the number of scales between the left and right sides
for a given trait
trait: the each of the measured features are 6 for each individual
Condition: is the state of condition of each individual
Individual: Each of the specimens studied

By adjusting the model happens to me the following

> lm.FA<-lme(FA~rasgo*condicion,random=~1|individuo)
Error en na.fail.default(list(FA = c(-5, -5, -4, -3, -3, -3, -3, -3, -3,  :
  missing values in object

I thought it might be because there are values ​​of FA are negative, and
introduced into the model the absolute value of FA, but still the same

> absFA<-abs(FA)
> lm.FA<-lme(absFA~rasgo*condicion,random=~1|individuo)
Error en na.fail.default(list(absFA = c(5, 5, 4, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3,  :
  missing values in object

What I'm doing wrong?

Thank you very much in advance for your attention

-----
Mario Garrido Escudero
PhD student
Dpto. de Biología Animal, Ecología, Parasitología, Edafología y Qca. Agrícola
Universidad de Salamanca