[R] uneven vector length issue with read.zoo?

knavero knavero at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:55:32 CEST 2012

I truncated and simplified my code and the read in data that I'm working with
to isolate the issue. Here is the read in data and R script respectively:

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4604287/test.csv test.csv

http://pastebin.com/rCdaDqPm

Here is the terminal/R shell output that I hope the above replicates on your
screen:
> source("elecLoad.r", echo = TRUE)

> #Load packages
> library(zoo)

> library(chron)

> #Initial assignments for format (fmt), timezone (TZ), and user
> #defined chron function (chr)
> fmt = "%m/%d/%y %I:%M %p"

> TZ = "PDT"

> chr = function(x) as.chron(x, fmt)

> #Read in data as zoo object using relevant arguments in read.zoo()
> #for details of arguments, see Kevin Navero or see ?read.zoo
> #and ?read.table .... [TRUNCATED]
Error in read.zoo("http://dl.dropbox.com/u/41922443/test.csv", skip = 1,  :
  index has bad entries at data rows: 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28

I was hoping that the "NULL" in colClasses() would've taken care of this
uneven vector length issue, however, that was not the case. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance. Sorry if my post didn't follow the forum rules exactly. I
tried to make small scale reproducible code and what not. I'm still a bit of
a noob here and there.