[R] error fitting coxph model

Jessica Myers JMYERS6 at PARTNERS.ORG
Wed May 2 21:02:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am using coxph from the survival package to fit a large model
(100,000 observations, ~35 covariates) using both ridge regression (on
binary covariates) and penalized splines (for continuous covariates).

In fitting, I get a strange error:

Error in if (abs((y[nx] - target)/(y[nx - 1] - target)) > 0.6)
doing.well <- FALSE else doing.well <- TRUE :
   missing value where TRUE/FALSE needed

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this error without handing over my
entire dataset, but I thought it would be worth checking if anyone had
any insight.  I should note that the outcome that I'm using has almost
everyone having an event (~98,000 events out of 100,000).  I have fit
other models like this with no problem, but on one particular dataset
it fails.

Thanks!

Jessica Myers
Instructor in Medicine
Brigham and Women's Hospital

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the ...{{dropped:7}}