[R] Questions

Tue May 1 06:47:55 CEST 2012

This is not the RStudio support forum. I use it, I like it, but you need to learn the difference between R and RStudio.

In this case, the fact that you are using RStudio is probably irrelevant. What is more relevant is that you are not on windows, though I can't be sure what OS you actually are using. Your error message refers to UNIX, you refer to Excel, so you could be on MacOSX or on windows with a pipe into a UNIX server. (If the latter, the RStudio support team may have a FAQ on this problem.) Please read the Posting Guide mentioned at the end of every message on this list.
I Googled this problem and found https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2006-October/116363.html, which probably applies, but only you can tell for sure.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing