[R] Update Packages error

David L Carlson dcarlson at tamu.edu
Fri Mar 30 16:09:47 CEST 2012

You can check to see if you have authorization to update those files by
right-clicking on the R shortcut icon (on your desktop or in Windows | All
Programs | R | R2.14.1 (your version may be different). In the menu that
opens, if there is an option to Run as Administrator (near the top on my
system), select that and R will be able to write in the directory. If that
option is not available, you will have to get someone who can log in as
administrator to update those files.