[R] customizing plot, Vegan CCA

millerjeremya jeremy.miller at ncbnaturalis.nl
Wed Mar 28 10:43:01 CEST 2012

I’m working on a canonical correspondence analysis using Vegan.
I’m new to this. I would like to control the shapes and colors for each of
my individual display points and can’t figure out the syntax.

Here is the script I am using. It comes from Numerical Ecology in R by
Bocard et al.
windows(title="CCA biplot - scaling 1", 9, 9)
plot(spe.cca, scaling=1, display=c("lc", "cn"), main="Biplot CCA spe ~ env -
scaling 1")

I think I should be able to add points() and text() lines to change the
appearance of particular elements. I also will need to refer to one or more
specific points (e.g., make rows 1-4 a red circle, 5-8 a yellow triangle,
etc.; make V1 say “tree cover”, V2 say “altitude”, etc.; see attached file
CCA.jpeg).

Many thanks!

http://r.789695.n4.nabble.com/file/n4511704/CCA.jpeg