[R] Get data from Access 2010 database

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Wed Mar 28 09:29:37 CEST 2012

On 28/03/2012 06:28, Jeff Newmiller wrote:
> AFAIK you need to use the 32bit version of R for getting the data. Then you can save it into a more versatile format and re-read it if you really need to run R in 64 bit mode.

Not quite: you need to run R of the same architecture as your ODBC
drivers, which in this case is the same architecture as your version of
ADE (usually installed as part of Office).  We don't have the 'at a
minimum' information required by the posting guide, so I at least do not
know what version of Windows nor what architecture of R was used.

More details in the RODBC manual ....

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk