[R] Completely Off Topic:Link to IOM report on use of "-omics" tests in clinical trials

Iain Gallagher iaingallagher at btopenworld.com
Mon Mar 26 23:38:56 CEST 2012

I followed this case while it was ongoing.

It was a very interesting example of basic mistakes but also (for me) of journal politicking.

Keith Baggerly and Kevin Coombes wrote a great paper - "DERIVING CHEMOSENSITIVITY FROM CELL LINES: FORENSIC BIOINFORMATICS AND REPRODUCIBLE RESEARCH IN HIGH-THROUGHPUT BIOLOGY" in The Annals of Applied Statistics (2009, Vol. 3, No. 4, 1309–1334) which explains some of the background and investigative work they had to do to bring those mistakes to light.

Best

iain