[R] Nonparametric bivariate distribution estimation and sampling

heyi xiao xiaoheyiyh at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 18:53:12 CET 2012

Sarah,
Thanks for the response. I actually have several years of working experience with R and statistics, although may not be as good as you. that’s why I am here ;) I dug deeper into R documentations and previous R-help posts, and couldn’t found anything particular help. Again, I want to do two things: (1) estimate the probability density of this bivariate distribution using some nonparametric method (kernel, spline etc); (2) sample a big dataset from this bivariate distribution for a simulation study.
If my questions are not clear enough show my how I can improve, or which part is not clear enough. If you have any particular suggestions/comments, you are more than welcome. Thanks!
Heyi