[R] Recommendations regarding textbooks

richard willey richard.willey at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 13:17:27 CET 2012

Hello

I was hoping to get some advice regarding teaching R in an academic environment.

What are the best choices with respect to textbooks?

When this question was asked a few years back, people were primarily
recommending “Modern Applied Statistics with S” and “Introductory
Statistics with R” as two good choices.  I’ve also heard some good
thinks regarding “An R Companion to Applied Regression”.

Has anything else really good come along in recent years?

Alternatively, are there any really good companion textbooks / lab
manuals to accompany standard texts?

Thanks in advance,

Richard

--
I think back to the halcyon dates of my youth, when indeterminate
Hessians had something to do with the Revolutionary War, where

Those were simpler times