[R] Simalteneous Equation Doubt in R

Berend Hasselman bhh at xs4all.nl
Thu Mar 22 12:51:45 CET 2012

On 22-03-2012, at 11:48, Priya.Saha at zycus.com wrote:

> Hi Berend
> Thanks for your help. The model which l have mentioned shows that Pt is dependent on Ft, EXt, FAIt, My objecttive is not only to find the impact of these varibles on Pt but also to see the extent of effect of variables influencing  Ft, EXt, FAIt which are mentioned in respective equation 2,3,4 on Pt.
> So, l m still not clear how creation of matrix A will help with my objective .

But this formula gives you everything you need:

y = solve(diag(4)-A) %*% z

solve(diag(4)-A) is an inverse.
z is a vector consisting of the exogenous parts of the equations and these can be written as

B %*% <vector-of-exogenous-variables>

So you'll get

y = inverse of (I-A) %*% B %*% <exogenous-variables>

Berend