[R] glm.fit: fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred?

ufuk beyaztas ufukbeyaztas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 00:22:33 CET 2012

Hi all,

I am doing bootstrap with logistic regression by using glm function, and I
get the errors;

glm.fit: fitted probabilities numerically 0 or 1 occurred and
glm.fit: algorithm did not converge

I have read some things about this issue in the mailing list. I can guess
what was the problem. My data contains one or may be two outliers. Does the
error occur due to these extreme values or something else such as MLE? Is
there any way to to fix this problem?

Regards,

Ufuk

-----