[R] car/MANOVA question

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Mon Mar 19 19:41:46 CET 2012

Dear Ranjan,

As you no doubt noticed, the Manova() function in the car package, or the Anova() function for which Manova() is an alias, produces type II or III tests for a multivariate linear model. To compare two nested multivariate linear models, as you wish to do, you can use the standard R anova() function -- see ?anova.mlm.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Sen. William McMaster Prof. of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
http://socserv.mcmaster.ca/jfox/