[R] Linux R / Windows client

Tobias Verbeke tobias.verbeke at openanalytics.eu
Sun Mar 18 16:48:54 CET 2012

L.S.

On 03/18/2012 02:39 PM, Mag Gam wrote:

> correct, but for StatET i believe I can only use the local R installed
> to do my computation. My intention is to use my Linux server -- which
> as 128GB of memory and 32 cores to do my calculations and I want to
> connect to it via Windows Eclipse GUI.

That is perfectly possible. In summary you need to get the
rj-consoleserver tarball from the StatET website, untar it
(on the GNU/Linux machine) and edit the startup.sh script
that is included.

 From your Windows client you then configure a so-called
Remote R Console within Eclipse and point to the startup.sh
file on the server.

It is BTW possible to tunnel all traffic over SSH just by
checking the appropriate box in the Remote Console run
configuration.

Help > Help Contents > StatET User Guide > R Console > Remote Console

gives some more extensive explanations.

Should you have further questions, don't hesitate to ask on
the StatET mailing list.

Best wishes,
Tobias