[R] Maximization problem in the optim function

R. Michael Weylandt michael.weylandt at gmail.com
Thu Mar 15 01:23:53 CET 2012

What distribution's log-likelihood are you using? If sigma is supposed
to be square-rooted, you may have to put a constraint or use of abs()
might suffice -- though, admittedly I'm not sure what that will do to
convergence behavior -- but it's hard to help without seeing the
function at hand.

Michael