[R] lme code help

harkiran harkiran.bhogal07 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Mar 14 21:13:19 CET 2012

Hi guys,

Got a few days left and I need to model a random effect of species on the
body mass (logM) and temperature (K) slopes. This is what i've done so far
that works:
model1<-lme(logSSP~logM + K,random=~1|species,data=data1)
model2<-lme(logSSP~logM + K,random=~K|species,data=data1)
model3<-lme(logSSP~logM + K,random=~logM|species,data=data1)

The one I now want is:
model4<-lme(logSSP~logM + K,random=~logM|species,K|species,data=data1)
#I need the random effect of spp on both slopes of logM and K, but this code
doesn't work so how do i change the code??????

:( Any help will be greatly appreciated