[R] gam - Y axis probability scale with confidence/error lines

Patrick Breheny patrick.breheny at uky.edu
Wed Mar 14 17:39:22 CET 2012

The predict() function has an option 'se.fit' that returns what you are
asking for.  If you set this equal to TRUE in your code:

pred <- predict(fit,data.frame(x=xx),type="response",se.fit=TRUE)

will return a list with two elements, 'fit' and 'se.fit'.  The pointwise
confidence intervals will then be

pred$fit + 1.96*se.fit
pred$fit - 1.96*se.fit

for 95% confidence intervals (replace 1.96 with the appropriate quantile
of the normal distribution for other confidence levels).

You can then do whatever "stuff" you want to do with them, including
plot them.

--Patrick