[R] Problem installing RMySQL package!

S Ellison S.Ellison at LGCGroup.com
Wed Mar 14 11:45:53 CET 2012

Read 'R installation and administration' in your R Help system. That will tell you what R Tools is/are and where to get them.

In relation to accessing a MySQL database, you could also consider installing RODBC (which installs from binary unsinf install.packages()), registering your MySQL database as an ODBC data source in Windows and then using RODBC's query facilities. That certainly works for ordinary SELECTS, INSERTS and UPDATES, and does not require RMySQL.