[R] function input as variable name (deparse/quote/paste) ??

casperyc casperyc at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Mar 11 01:01:21 CET 2012

Sorry if I wasn't stating what I really wanted or it was a bit confusing.

Basically, there are MANY datasets to run suing the same function

I have written a function to analyze it and returns a LIST of useful out put
in the variable 'res' (to the workspace).

I also created another script run.r such as

myname(dat1)
myname(dat2)
myname(dat3)
myname(dat4)
myname(dat5)

For now, each time the output in the main workspace 'res' (the list) is over
written.

I want it to have different suffix to differentiate them. So I can have a
look later after the batch is run.

Thanks.

casper