[R] Reading in 9.6GB .DAT File - OK with 64-bit R?

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Fri Mar 9 00:06:45 CET 2012

My opinion is that you should be spending your effort on setting up a SQL engine and importing it there. If you have 32GB of RAM your current direction might work, but working with sampled data rather than population data seems pretty typical for statistical analysis.
                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing