[R] multi-platform equivalent of x11() ?

Paul Johnson pauljohn32 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 08:13:06 CET 2012

I want to write an R help example that throws up 2 graphs in separate
windows, for comparison. In Linux I plot one, then run

to spawn a new on-screen device.

Is there some generic equivalent so I can write an example that will
work for Windows and Mac users as well?

If there is none, don't you think it would be fun if there were?

Paul E. Johnson
Professor, Political Science    Assoc. Director
1541 Lilac Lane, Room 504     Center for Research Methods
University of Kansas               University of Kansas
http://pj.freefaculty.org            http://quant.ku.edu