[R] Demographic Variables in AIDS (Demand System)

xiaodao yanghaowang at utk.edu
Wed Mar 7 05:19:56 CET 2012

Hi all,

I am using aidsEst( ) in "micEconAids" package to estimate Demand system.
But I would like to add more demographic variables in demand system. How can
I add those information?

for example:
mydata<-data.frame(p1,p2,p3,p4,
                                          s1,s2,s3,s4,
                                          totalexp,
                                          house,age,urban)
priceNames<-c("p1","p2","p3","p4")
shareNames<-c("s1","s2","s3","s4")

estResult <- aidsEst(priceNames,shareNames,'totalexp',data=mydata,
                     method = "LA")

for this step, estResult <- aidsEst(....), how to add more demographic
variables in this system?

Thanks!