[R] Classification tree - Uniform vertical spacing of the nodes

Nathalia Machado piayanms at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 19:54:42 CET 2012

Hello everyone!

I'm working with Decision tree and I have  doubt about one of the arguments
of "plot.rpart" function:
When we use "uniform=F", the vertical spacing of nodes will be proportional
to the error in the fit.
But, I want to build a scale next my classif tree to show it.
 So, how could I access this values of error to make possible I build this
scale?

For example:

fit <- rpart(Price ~ Mileage + Type + Country, cu.summary)
plot(fit, uniform=F)
text(fit, use.n=TRUE)

Thanks a lot!

Nathalia Machado