[R] Add number series to data frame

Sarah Goslee sarah.goslee at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 18:37:24 CET 2012

I'd just sort them first, if you want consecutive numbers for each
value. (It would have been nice to specify that in the original
question.)

If you need for some reason to put them back in order, you can always
cbind(1:nrow(x), x) before sorting, to get an index to sort on after
you're done.

As always, there are other ways to do it.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org